The World Economic Forum’s (WEF) ranked India 54th position (down from 46th in 2019) with a score of 4.1 in its Travel and Tourism Development Index 2021, but still, India remains the top performer in South Asia. Japan has topped (1) the global chart and the bottom position (117) is occupied by the country Chad.
About the WEF’s Travel and Tourism Development Index 2021
The WEF’s Travel and Tourism Development Index 2021 is a direct evolution of the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index, which has been published biennially for the past 15 years. The Index assesses 117 economies, based on 5 subindexes, 17 pillars and 112 individual indicators, distributed among the different pillars.
The five Sub indexes:
- Enabling Environment
- Travel and Tourism Policy and Enabling Conditions
- Travel and Tourism Demand Drivers
- Travel and Tourism Sustainability
Countries in the Global Ranking:
|2||United States of America (USA)||5.2|
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Founder and Executive Chairman: Klaus Schwab;
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Headquarters: Cologny, canton of Geneva, Switzerland;
- World Economic Forum (WEF) was Established: 1971.