TNPDS smart card, ration card status, online application, download, updates, and other details can be checked on the official website and this page will give you complete information on status, application, download, and update in our article. So that you get your ration card by finding out about it in good time. We hope that you will find all the information you need in our article.
TNPDS Ration Card
As a citizen of Tamil Nadu, you will need your smart card or ration card. These are very important for your whole family.
There are a total of 5,80,298 holders across Tamil Nadu with all of the grocery menu facilities. Ration cards have given them an inexpensive grocery.
So that people who do not have such an income can buy the groceries twice, this portal was also launched by Tamil Nadu PDS and only residents of Tamil Nadu can use it.
You can use the ration card by going to your nearest government ration center and whatever ration is issued in it, is only supplied by the government, the color of your grocery card decides whether you do it or not.
Your ration card is only created with your financial situation in mind so that people who really need it can get a ration. You will receive your grocery card with just a few important documents.
What is a Smart Ration Card?
As you may know, a grocery card is a document that enables you to buy items at a subsidized price in certain stores at fair prices, thus saving money.
A smart ration card is a digital version that allows you to carry the physical groceries with you eliminates the need for a card to make a purchase.
One person can simply show the digital version to the retailer and make the desired purchases if necessary.
The TNPDS is a portal that allows Tamil NADU residents to request their ration card, and even change their sugar preferences to rice.
Different Digital Ration Cards in Tamil Nadu
Four types of ration cards are available for Tamil Nadu residents including the following:
- Light Green Card – This card is valid for buying rice in Fair Price Shops
- White Card – This card is for the Purchase of an additional 3 kg of rice over and above the prescribed amount
- khaki card – This card is only issued to police officers if they have an inspector rank or higher
- No goods card: No goods card is given to people who cannot take goods from the ration bags.
Documents you need to apply for the Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card
To apply for a smart ration card as a resident of Tamil Nadu, you must be able to present the following documents during the application process:
- Aadhaar card
- Electricity bill
- PAN card
- Passport-size photograph
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook
- Caste/category certificate
TNPDS smart card online Application Process
- To apply for a smart card, first, go to the online portal https://www.tnpds.gov.in.
- You need to click the Smart Card App option on the home page.
- After clicking the next page opens.
- On the next page, you have to fill out a form.
- You must fill in all the information requested on the form.
- In addition to the information, you must also enclose all documents.
- Then you need to provide the details of your family members, gas connections, etc.
- Then you need to click Submit.
- After clicking you will get a reference number, save it.
- In the same way, you can also change your address in the online portal, add any members and delete them if you wish. The process is the same for everyone.
Check the TNPDS smart card status online
TNPDS has introduced a smart ration card in Tamil Nadu. They convert all existing grocery cards into smart cards. You can convert your ration card to a smart card on the official website tnpds.gov.in.
You can also check the TamilNadu Smart Ration Card status online at tnpds.gov.in.
To check the status, you need to enter the reference number of your smart cart. This is how the Tamil Nadu government wants to control the rationing system.
After completing the application process, you will receive the reference number of your mobile phone number.
The introduction of the smart card system is an important step by the government of Tamil Nadu in the direction of digitization.
Procedure to Check Smart Ration Card Application Status
- Visit Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System Official Website. Click here
- The page will initially be loaded in the Tamil language.
- To switch to English, select English in the top right corner of the website.
- Then click the Smart Card Application Status link.
- The status page of the smart card application opens, where you have to enter your reference number.
- Then click the Submit button.
- After the reference number has been transmitted, the status of your smart card will be displayed.
Edit or update the details on your smart ration card
If you want to add or remove the family member, change your address, or cancel your card, you can update or edit your TNPDS smart card at any time.
- Visit Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System official website tnpds.gov.in.
- Click the link for correcting details. Then a login page opens.
- Enter the mobile number given during registration and send it from
- You will receive an OTP. Enter this OTP.
- Next, enter the candidate details that you need to edit.
- You must upload the evidence together with the applicant data.
- You can also upload a photo print. It must be in JPEG, PNG, or GIF format.
- Finally, click the Submit button to submit the details.
- After the correction request has been successfully submitted, you will receive a reference number.
- With the help of this reference number, you can track the status of your card via the status of the TNPDS service request.
How to check the project report on public distribution on the smart ration card
- First of all, you need to go to the official website.
- Then the start page is opened on the screen.
- The home page has an option to click on “Public Distribution Project Report”.
- After clicking, select your district.
- Once selected, you have the Item Details option and click on it.
- Then all information is opened.
How to download the digital ration card
- Visit the TNPDS ration card website.
- Afterward, you have to click on the option Payee on the start page.
- After clicking you need to enter your mobile phone number and then send OTP.
- Your profile will then open.
- You will get the option “Smart Card Printing”, please click on it.
- After clicking Save, save it as a PDF.
India is moving towards a more digital economy, with most legal and government processes also following the digital path.
As the government hopes to digitize most of its processes, there are many new portals aiming to enhance the experience of citizens in requesting documents, complying with laws (e.g. filing taxes), and even purchasing certain Articles to improve.
The TNPDS smart card is one such initiative that enables Tamil Nadu residents to purchase rations using their smart cards.
All the information about the TNPDS ration card can be found in our article, if there is anything else you want to ask about the ration card, you can send us a message in the comments section and we will get back to you.