The developments surrounding Terra’s ecosystem keep coming in. After voting for a revival plan that would see the fork of a new chain without the algorithmic coin, the community has now accepted another proposal.
- CryptoPotato reported yesterday that Terra’s community voted in favor of Do Kwon’s revival plan that intends to fork a new blockchain without the UST algorithmic stablecoin.
- Previously, the CEO had explained that “the only path forward will be to absorb the stablecoin supply that wants to exit before UST can start to repeg.”
- With this in mind, a proposal was submitted eight days ago to burn the remaining UST in the community pool.
- With an overwhelming majority of 99.39%, represented by 153,644,852 votes, the proposal was accepted on May 26th.
- It’s worth noting that its previous iteration, however, was submitted on May 12th, but it failed to execute because there was a mismatch between the amount of UST in the community pool and in the proposal.