Retail Management Courses: Retail management is a special branch of management studies that teaches students how retail outlets work. It is concerned with the total functioning of retail stores and outlets. The major function of any business unit, whether retail or wholesale generally include financial, inventory control, marketing, personnel and operative activities. Retail Management is all about managing all these functions of a retail outlet in an efficient manner so that the wastage can be minimised and the store functions properly.
If you are someone who wants to build a career in management but want to pursue some unique, in-demand course then this article on Retail Management Courses is for you. In this article, we have covered various details of retail management courses after 12th viz, course list, admission process, eligibility criteria, top colleges, career options and average salary. Let’s get started.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
Retail management is a discipline of study that imparts knowledge and skills for operating a retail store. It includes the maintenance of a retail store and ensuring that products reach customers on time.
It includes various activities like attracting the customer to visit the store and offering them commodities according to their need and desire. The overall goal of retail management is to ensure the effective functioning of the retail stores so that customer satisfaction can be maximised. In a nutshell, retail management is all about building a strong brand image for the store and an impactful relationship with the customers so that they choose the store for repetitive purchases.
Retail management courses can be categorised into bachelor’s degree courses, PG courses and diploma courses.
Here is the list of various retail management courses online available to you:
Here we are giving the list of Retail Management Bachelor’s Degree Courses along with their eligibility criteria, fees, and course duration.
- B.Sc in Retail Management
- B.Sc in fashion merchandising and retail management
- BBA in retail management
Eligibility criteria for bachelor’s degree in retail management
- Must have completed class 10th and 12th from a recognized board.
- Passed 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks.
- The admission is taken through CAT or entrance exams, must have qualified.
- Some universities take admission directly on merit based on class 12th marks.
Bachelor’s degree retail management course duration
The full-time bachelor’s course in retail management is a 3-year programme divided into 6 semesters.
Bachelor’s Degree Retail Management Course Fees
The average fee for a bachelor’s course in retail management lies somewhere between 15 k to ₹2 lacks.
Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree can apply for any one of the below given Retail Management Master’s courses. Here you can get the duration, eligibility criteria, and fees structure for a master’s degree in retail management course.
- MBA in retail management
- Executive programme in retail management
- MBA in sales and retail marketing
- M.Sc in retail management
Master’s degree in retail management course duration
The full-time master’s course in retail management is a 2-year programme divided into 4 semesters.
Eligibility criteria for master’s degree course in retail management
- Must have finished a graduation degree from a recognized university
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- The candidate must have qualified for the entrance test of the institute or CAT as may be required
Fee for a master’s degree course in retail management
The average fee for a PG course in retail management lies somewhere between 35k to ₹3 lacs. However, the fee differs from college to college.
The following list includes Retail Management Diploma Courses in different specialisations. Students who are interested to pursue these courses can know eligibility conditions, fee structure, and course duration details from the below-mentioned sections.
- PG Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Retail Marketing
- Diploma in Merchandising
- Diploma in Retail Operations
- Diploma in Business Mathematics
- Diploma in Competitive Analysis and Planning
- Diploma in Retail Accounting
- Diploma in Retail Pricing
- PG Diploma in Fashion Designing and Retail Management
- Certificate in Retail Management
- Certificate in Retail and Sales Management
- Certificate in Food and Safety Supervisor
- Certificate in Retail Pricing and Research
- Certificate Course in Mall Operations and Management
- Certificate in Retail Operations
- Certificate in Retail Services
- Postgraduate Certificate in Retail Management
Duration of Diploma Course in Retail Management
The duration of diploma courses in retail management can vary from 3 months to 2 years depending upon the course you want to pursue.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Course in Retail Management
- For diploma courses, the minimum qualification required is 10+2 from a recognised board
- However, for a PG diploma, the minimum qualification is graduation from a recognized university.
Diploma in Retail Management Course Fees
The average fee for a diploma course is generally between ₹5,000 to ₹50k. However, it differs from course to course. For example, the fee for a certificate course in retail management is ₹12,000 and PG diploma in retail management is ₹ 20,000.
The detailed step by step admission process for Retail Management Courses in India is provided here. Interested and eligible students can follow these steps to finish the admission steps easily.
- The institutes generally take admission through their entrance examination followed by a personal interview round
- Some institutes also require that candidates have qualified for a national examination like CAT or XAT with some minimum percentile.
- There are some institutes that provide direct admission to candidates based on merit.
The list of top and best retail management colleges are along the lines.
- Amity Business School
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- Jaipuria Institute of management
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international institute
- Noida International University
- Vivekananda global university
- Jankidevi Bajaj Institute of Management
- ISBR Business School
- IMS Unison University
Get the Retail Management Course Syllabus and subject names. These subjects are covered from all the semesters of bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, diploma, and certificate courses.
- Retail Marketing
- Principles of Marketing Economics
- Buying Merchandising
- Overview of Retailing
- Customer Value Management
- Customer Service Management
- Sales Management
- Store Operations
- Retail Management Perspective
- IT Application in Retail
- Business Communication
- Human Resources
- Visual Merchandising
These are the top recruiting companies for the retail management course completed candidates. You can apply for any of these companies to get a job easily.
- Reliance Group
- Big bazaar
- Shoppers stop
- Aditya Birla Group
- Tata Group
- Titan Group
Candidates can choose to study higher education or do a job after completion of the course retail management. Below mentioned are the Retail Management Job Profiles.
- Retail manager
- Store manager
- Retail Buyer
- Supply chain manager
- Marketing Executive
- Warehouse Manager
- Department manager
- Brand manager
- Customer relationship manager
The average salary after pursuing a retail management course varies between ₹2.5 lacs per annum to ₹8.0 lacs per annum. However, the average salary tends to differ depending upon the role you’re looking after. For example, the average salary of a Marketing Executive is ₹2.9 lacs and that of a brand manager is ₹9 lacs.
1. What is a retail store?
A retail store is an outlet that sells goods and services directly to the customer in the quantity required by the customers. In contrast to wholesaling, retail stores deal directly with the customers to satisfy their needs.
2. What are the subjects of specialization available in retail management?
The various subjects of specialization available in retail marketing are:
- Customer relation
- Mail management
- Marketing strategies
3. Do retail management courses have demand in India?
If we look at the present scenario, we can tell that retail management courses free are surely in demand these days. With malls and branded outlets at every corner, the demand for retail managers is increasing to manage these stores and as a result demand for retail management is increasing as well.
4. Can retail management courses be pursued online?
Yes. Diploma and certificate courses in retail management can be pursued online as well as offline. There are various platforms like Coursera, use my etc where you can find a number of certificate courses in retail management.
In this article on Retail Management Courses, we have tried to cover every detail related to the course under various heads. This article provides you with information on various retail management courses, their eligibility criteria, admission process, fees, top colleges and career prospects. If you have any doubt regarding the article or any of its heads, please comment below your queries. We will try to resolve your doubts to the best of our knowledge. For more such articles, stay tuned on our website.