Punjab Scholarship 2021 Apply Online for Punjab Pre Matric & Post Matric Scholarship 2021 Last date to Apply Online for Punjab Post Matric Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Pre Matric Scholarship 2021 Punjab Scholarship Form 2021 Punjab Scholarship Portal 2021 Punjab Scholarship Application Form 2021
Punjab Scholarship 2021
Latest Updated on 10-July-2021 : Punjab State Government will Soon Start the Online Application Form for Punjab Scholarship 2021… Candidates Stay Connected with us for All Latest Official Updates…
About Punjab Scholarship:
Government of Punjab is providing the Scholarship to the Meritorious and Economically Weaker and Poor Students to encourage them for their Studies. This is for information of all concerned that online Scholarship Application under Pre-Matric & Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for eligible candidates belonging to the Schedule Caste (SC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) Categories of the state studying in and outside state in recognized School(s)/College(s)/ Institute (s) for the academic year 2020-21 are invited. Last Date to Apply for the Punjab Scholarship was 15th February 2021.
The scheme covers professional, technical as well as non-professional and non-technical courses at various levels including correspondence courses covering distance and continuing education.
|Origination Name||Government of Punjab|
|Name of Scheme||Pre Matric Scholarship & Post Matric Scholarship|
|Last Date to Apply Online||15th February 2021 (Now Closed)|
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Schedule Caste (SC) students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
Condition and Eligibility:
Category Wise Condition and Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Scholarship as follows :
For Other Backward Classes (OBC) :
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum shall be eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees. In case of unemployed students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum will be entitled for the scholarship under the Scheme.
- The scholarships will be open to Indian nationals belonging to OBCs, as notified by the State Govt.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
- “Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Dufferin (Now Rejendra); Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre- examination Training Centres of All India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs so specified in relation to the State to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in XI Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the XII class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of non-refundable fee, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
- Only two boys of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/guardian will not adversely affect admissibility of availing scholarship upto two boys of same parents/guardian.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the students can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/stipend. The student can however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
For Schedule Class (SC) :
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh, fifty thousands only) per annum.
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions:
- “Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot license Courses. Courses at Training – Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra), courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at Pre- examination Training Centres of all India and State levels.”
- Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognised University or Board of Secondary Education, will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I.Sc. after I.A. or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in other subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible. From the academic year 1980-81, studies in two professional courses are allowed.
- Students studying in Class XI of the Higher Secondary School courses of the XII Class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases where Xth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing Xth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the under graduate/post-graduate examinations in Arts/Science/Commerce join any recognised professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group ‘I’.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible to post- matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non- refundable fees.
- All children of the same parents/guardians will be entitled to receive benefits of the scheme.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the student can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this scheme from the date he/she accepts another scholarship/stipend. The student can however, accept free lodging or a grant or adhoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses on board and lodging in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Central Government/ State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
Value of Scholarship :
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
- Maintenance allowance,
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees,
- Study tour charges,
- Thesis typing/printing charges for Research Scholars,
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses,
- Book bank facility for specified courses, and
- Additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course.
Selection of Candidates :
- All the eligible Scheduled Caste candidates will be given scholarships subject to the application of Means Test prescribed in this Scheme.
- The students from the poorest households (See Para 6) will be proactively followed for admission in the suitable courses.
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in other State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong. Students domiciled in a State/UT but holding SC Certificate in other State/UT can avail scholarship from the State/UT of domicile.
Maintenance Allowance :
Rate of Maintenance allowance (in Rupees per month)
(i) Degree and Post Graduate level courses in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance
/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
(ii) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
(iii) Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
(iv) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.
(v) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.),
Group I, Group II and Group III courses
(i) Professional Courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas
like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing(B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para- medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2).
(ii) Post Graduate courses not covered under Group I eg. MA/M Sc/M.Com/M Ed./M. Pharma etc.
All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II eg. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.
All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g.senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3 year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
About Fees :
Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. Refundable deposit-like caution money, security deposit will, however, be excluded.
How to Apply For :
There are many candidates who wants to apply for Punjab Scholarship. So, Here we are providing the Detailed Steps to Apply Online for these Scholarship Schemes. Candidates can apply for these Scholarship by following these Simple Steps.
Steps to Apply Online for Punjab Scholarship :
- Visit the Official Website of Punjab State Scholarlship.
- Click on Apply Online for Scholarship Tab Option.
- Click on Online Application.
- Click on New User & Register Yourself.
- Fill All the Required Details.
- Click on Final Submission.
- Take a Print out of Application.
Important Dates for Punjab Scholarship :
|The last date for submission of online applications by the students (Fresh & Renewal) to the Students||–/–/2021|
|The Last Date for Institutes to forward complete cases after corrections to the approving authority/ sanctioning authorities||–/–/2021|
|The Last Date for the Approving authority to send online proposals to line departments/ sanctioning authorities for the Scholarship||–/–/2021|
|The Last date for the line departments/ sanctioning departments to send online proposals to welfare Department of Scholarship||–/–/2021|
|Portal will be closed on||–/–/2021|
Important Link Area for Punjab Scholarship :
“All the candidates please drop your Comment in comment box. If candidates have any Query Regarding this Post, So please ask with us. For more details keep in touch with our website (www.Jobriya.in).
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
For such dates please look at the “Announcement” box on the home page. It is important to mention here that after registration the student’s login id and password will be valid for only fifteen days during which he has to apply for the scholarship. After fifteen days if the student has not applied for the scholarship his credentials will become invalid and he /she has to register again.
You have to submit self-attested photo copy of caste certificate, an income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper, copy of high school certificate, copy of first page of pass book (showing IFSC code of the Bank & Bank
Account Number linked with Aadhaar Number) and Handicap Certificate (if any) along with the print out of the Application. Institute would verify the original certificates & return back to the students.
No. You can register by entering your basic details. The system would generate an Applicant-id & password for you. Please note down the generated Applicant-Id & Password. Later you can fill up the online
application in as many sittings as you wish, until you are satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly. The software provides facility to save your application. Once you “Lock” your application, you will not be able to modify further.
You can edit information filled by you, till you “Lock and forward the online application” to the
institute. If the student has entered the following parameters wrongly he/she can register again:
(1) Name of the student
(2) Father Name
(3) Mother Name
(4) Date of Birth
Rest of the details the student can edit any number of times.
It is worthy to mention here that after temporary rejection of the application of the student by the institute, the student can edit his/her application details and apply again. The student can change his bank account number and email address any time from the options given in his/her login.
(i) In the Enrollment Number column enter your Roll No. in the Course/Branch you are enrolled to.
(ii) In the Enrollment Date column enter the Date of Admission in the First year of your enrolled
(iii) In the Admission Date for which year you are applying for Scholarship column enter the Date of Admission/ Re-admission in the Current year of your enrolled Course/Branch. (only in case of Students of First year this date will be same as Enrollment date)
After completion of entry and final edit(if any), click on “Edit-Lock-Print” option, then on “Lock” to forward the application to the Institute.
You should separately inform the mistakes detected by you to the Scholarship Nodal Officer of your Institute. The institute has to Temporarily reject the application as incomplete application, then the application will be available to the student for editing.
If you have to edit certain entries like Institute Name, Course & Branch, annual Income etc. , which are not editable at Institute level, you should request the Scholarship Nodal Officer of your Institute to “temporarily Reject” your application, mentioning the mistakes detected by you. The Application will then be made available at
Applicant level, by the software. You can then log-in using provided User-id & password and edit the required details. After editing, lock the application again so that it will be forwarded to the Institute.
You should immediately approach the institute to contact with the Nodal Officer of the implementing department which in turn will register the institute and map with Sanctioning Authority then it will be accessible to you.
You can recover your Applicant ID/ Password by clicking on “Registered students: Recover your password” from the Registered Student Log-in box. You have to fill up details like First Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and e-mail Id, as you have entered in the application while generating the initial password. Application will regenerate the Password and SMS would be sent to your contact Mobile Number.
Printout of application can be taken with “Barcode”, after locking and forwarding the application which is to be submitted at the Institute.
It is optional. The system has the facility of uploading the scanned copy of the Certificates, like Caste Certificate, Income Certificate, High School Certificate and Handicap Certificate (if any). However, the student has to submit self attested copies of requisite documents with print out/hard copy of application.
After locking and forwarding the application online to the institute, you should take a print out of the application (this would come with a barcode), sign it and submit it at the Institute with requisite documents as specified at Sr. No. 2.
You can check the status of your application anytime. After logging in, click on “ Edit-Lock-Print Application”. Then select “Track Status” option. This will provide you current / latest status of your Scholarship Application.
You can approach the concerned institute “Temporarily Reject” your application. On Temporary rejection, the application will be made available to you for editing purpose. You can make correct selection of Institute. Then select the Course and Branch. Lock the application, and forward the application to your Institute.
You can make fresh registration, by entering the correct category and apply for scholarship under that Scheme. Institute is to be informed about the error, so that there will be a Permanent rejection of your wrong application
You should send the application form manually to Director, Department of Welfare of SC and OBC, Punjab.