PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2021 Punjab SSSB School Librarian Exam Syllabus 2021 PSSSB School Librarian Written Exam Syllabus 2021 How to Prepare for Punjab School Librarian Exam Pattern 2021 Punjab SSSB Librarian Selection Process 2021
PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus 2021
Advt. 04 of 2021
Latest Update Dated 07.06.2021: PSSSB has Provided the Detailed Syllabus for School Librarian Posts. Check More Details from Below………….
About PSSSB School Librarian Recruitment :
Punjab Subordinate Services Selection Board (PSSSB) has invited the Applicants for the 750 posts of School Librarian. many Candidates Filled their Application form from the Date 05.04.2021 to 26.04.2021 for the Above Vacant Posts. Candidates Can check their Recruitment Details from the Below Provided link below.
About Exam :
PSSSB will conduct the Written Examination for the Posts of School Librarian. Exact Date will be updated soon on the Official Website, or you can check the same form this Posts.
Nowadays Competition Level become very high so Competitive Exams gets too tougher. Candidates facing critical problem of “What to prepare” and “How to prepare” to give their best in their exams. So, here we are providing the latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
Selection Process :
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Exam Will be Objective Type.
- Exam Will Consist Maximum 100 Marks.
- Each Question Will be of 01 Mark.
- The Time Duration of Examination Will be 100 Minutes.
- There Will be a Negative Marking of 1/4 Marks.
- Question paper will be bilingual (Punjabi & English).
- For every category of candidate to be considered for the above mentioned posts must obtain at least 40% (40%) marks in the exam.
|Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Ability||10|
|General Knowledge/Awareness (India & Punjab)||15|
|Information and Communication Technology in Library & Computers||15|
Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Ability –
Number Series, Profit and Loss, Calculation of Interest, Divisibility test, problems on Ratio & Proportions, Percentage problems, problems on Interest, Data Interpretation. Problems on Logical thinking, Alphanumeric Series, Letter & Number Series, Odd Man Out problems, Analogy problems, Common Sense Test, problems on Alphabetical Arrangement of Words.
General Knowledge/Awareness (India & Punjab) –
Current Affairs, History & Geography, Its Physical Features, Climate, Demography of India, Its Economic and Social Development, Poverty Alleviation, Economic Planning, Etc. Economic Affairs and Culture, knowledge related to Political and Scientific fields, Sports, Cinema and Literature etc. Important Events, Movements and Leaders of India and Punjab. (Only questions with definitive dates Jr years, if required).
Information and Communication Technology in Library & Computers –
Basics of Computers, Working of Mobile Phones and personal digital Gadgets, Wireless Technology including 3G, 4G 5G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Use of hotspots, Fundamentals of Computer networks, Internet, Malware, Concepts related to GPS, understanding emails/SMS/ messengers, Use of Office Productivity Tools such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS excel, spreadsheets, Library software: KOHA, SOUL, LIBSYS. Barcode am- RFID. E-Publishing.
Languages (English/Punjabi) –
Basic Grammar, Subject and Verb, Adjectives and Adverbs, Synonyms, Antonyms, One word Substitution, Fill in the blanks, Problem concerning words, Comparison of Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions, Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice, Correction in Sentences, gender, Singular and Plural, Idioms and their meanings, Reading comprehension, Spell Checks etc.
Library Science –
- Libraries: Organization, purpose and functions oi Libraries; National and international Library Associations: ILA, ALA, CILIP IASLIC, RRRLF, UNE.;CO, IFLA. Laws of Library Science., Different types of Libraries; Library Movement in India after 1947; Library Co-operation, Library Consortium.
- Different sections of the Library and their functions: Acquisition, Periodical, Technical, Reference, Circulation and Maintenance; Library Rules. Elementary knowledge of computer application in libraries.
- Reference Service – Definition, need and purpose of Reference Service; Initiation of fresh reader; Kinds of Reference Service; CAS and SDI. Documentary and Non-Documentary sources of information including electronic. Reference and Information Sources: Definition, kinds and uses; evaluation of reference sources. Documentation and information centres and, Information system and networks with special reference to India: DELNET, INFLIBNET, NISCAIR, DESIDOC, NASSDOC.
- Bibliography Definition, need and purpose of bibliography; kinds of bibliographies; National Bibliography (I. N. B./ B. N. B.); Subject Bibliography; Trade Bibliography.
- Classification: Definition, need, purpose: Fundamental Categories and Facet analysis: Notation; Call Number Book number and Collection number; Schemes of Library Classification: Introduction to Dewey Decimal Classification and Colon Classification. Electronic classification: Web Dewey.
- Library Catalogue: Definition, need, purpose and functions; Physical forms of catalogues, Types of Catalogues; Kinds of entries and their functions; Parts of entries; Subject headings and chain procedure; filing of entries, Current trends: MARC, ISBD, CCF, RDA.
- School Library System: Definition, need and objectives, components, Information sources in school library, Initiatives for School Libraries in India, Role of Professional Associations in development of school libraries, International Association of School Librarianship (IASL), IFLA School Libraries Section.
- Library and its users: Role of libraries in digital context; categories of users and their information needs; information seeking behavior user studies; Research tools.
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us (www.jobriya.com) by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area for PSSSB School Librarian Syllabus:
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.