NEET UG 2022 – Registration, Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Syllabus
NEET UG 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) is inviting Online Applications for NEET UG 2022 for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions in India.
Candidates can check out the post below for more details on NEET UG 2022 such as eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, fees, syllabus and more.
Medical Seats Offered through NEET 2022
- Admissions to all seats of Undergraduate Medical Courses will be done through NEET (UG)-2022. The following are the seats available under different quotas:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any
- Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, are in private
- unaided/aided minority / non-minority medical colleges.
- AIIMS Institutes across India/JIPMER.
- The Counselling for successful candidates for Seats under 15% All India Quota and 100% including 85% State quota seats of Central Institutions (ABVIMS & RML Hospital/VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital/ESIC)/ Central Universities (including DU/ BHU /AMU)/ AIIMS/ JIPMER and Deemed Universities, will be conducted by the MCC/DGHS for Undergraduate Medical / Dental Courses. MCC only does the registration for AFMC and forwards the data of registered Candidates to AFMC Authorities for the admission process. DU/BHU and other Universities may use the score for any other relevant courses being offered by them
NEET 2022 Important Dates
- Online Submission of Application Form : 06 April 2022 to 06 May 2022 (up to 11:50 PM)
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/UPI / Paytm : 07th May 2022 (up to 11:50 PM)
- Correction in Particulars : To be intimated later on the website
- Announcement of the City of Examination : To be intimated later on the website
- Downloading of Admit Cards from the NTA website : To be intimated later on the website
- Date of Examination : 17th July 2022 (Sunday)
- Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys : To be announced later on the website
- Website(s) : www.nta.ac.in , https://neet.nta.nic.in/
- Declaration of Result on NTA website : To be announced later on the website
NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG), as per related Regulations of NMC and DCI are as follows:-
- He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course.
- Accordingly, the lower age limit shall be as under:
- For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS born on or before 31.12.2005
- For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD Category born on or before 31.12.2005
- Upper age limit: As per Letter No. U-11022/2/2022-UGMEB, dated 09 March 2022 received from National Medical Commission (NMC), Under Graduate Medical Education Board (UGMEB) regarding the upper age limit, that there should be no upper age limit as decided in the fourth NMC meeting held on 21 October 2021.
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify for NEET (UG).
Criteria for NRI / OCI / Foreign Nationals
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical /Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions, and the Government of India, as the case may be. The NRI and OCI Applicants/Candidates have to upload a Certificate from the concerned Indian Diplomatic Mission in the country of their residence in support of their claim as an NRI/OCI Candidate, along with their online Application Form for NEET (UG) – 2022 and retain the original of such document for producing it at the time of Counselling / Admission to the Courses covered under NEET (UG). Similarly, a foreign applicant for NEET (UG) 2022 shall also upload Documentary Proof (e.g. relevant pages of a valid passport or a Certificate from the Competent Authority in the country of his/her nationality regarding his/her citizenship status) in support of his/her Nationality, along with online Application Form. The Embassy Certificate and Citizenship Certificate or any Documentary proof of Citizenship are given in Annexures – XIV A and XIV B. Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ College/State.
Eligibility of OCI cardholders for NEET (UG):
- The Ministry of Home Affairs vide Notification dated 4 March 2021 specified the rights to which an OCI cardholder shall be entitled under the Citizenship Act, 1955.
Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh
- Students from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as UT of J&K and Ladakh have opted out of the All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit an online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with a confirmation page for the record and they need to present the same during counselling. The Self-Declaration Form is given in Appendix- III.
- With regard to participation of UT of J&K and Ladakh in the All India Quota, it is informed that the erstwhile State of J&K had opted to stay out of the All India Quota Scheme since inception and as such the students of J&K were also not allowed to participate for admission in all India Quota seats. Now, with the coming into effect of the J&K Reorganization Act, 2019 and formation of UTs, the UT of J&K has been requested to consider participation in the All India Quota. A decision is yet to be taken by the UT administration in this regard. However, the UT of Ladakh does not have any medical college. Therefore, the decision of participation of UT of J&K will be conveyed in due course.
- The Self Declaration Form submitted by candidates will be verified at the time of counselling. If the declaration is found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against such candidates.
- Candidates from the UT of J&K and Ladakh can appear in NEET (UG) 2022 for admission to Private Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, AIIMS, JIPMER subject to the fulfilment of respective eligibility conditions.
Qualifications and Qualifying Examination Codes
- To be eligible for NEET (UG) – 2022, candidates need to refer to the following table for qualifying examination criteria.
- CODE: 01 A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12 Standard in 2022, whose result is awaited, may apply and appear in the test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the Undergraduate Medical Courses if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage at the time of first round of Counselling.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subject and expect to pass the Examination with the required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying Examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks. OR
- CODE: 02 The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to class 12 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for the ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’. Furthermore, a study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional Subject at Class 12 level also shall not be permissible.*
- *The candidates who have passed Class 12 level with Biology as an additional subject will also be eligible for MBBS Entrance Examination (as per Hon’ble High Court Order No. 2341/-W/DHC/WRIT/D-1/2019 dated 24/09/2019 in the Writ Petition (C) No. 6773/2019.
- If the institute has to consider an examination of an Indian University or of a foreign/university to be equivalent to the 12 Class under intermediate science examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered to be equivalent to the 12 class under intermediate science examination.OR
- CODE: 03 The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- CODE: 04 The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Preprofessional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- CODE: 05 The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and the candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
- CODE: 06 B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Biotechnology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. OR
- CODE: 07 Any other examination which in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology; which shall include practical test in these subjects) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science
- Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
- Provided also that to be eligible for NEET (UG) – 2022, the candidate must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in the Regulations of NMC and DCI. In addition, they must have got a rank in the merit list of NEET (UG) – 2022 for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- More eligibility criteria please check on information brochers https://cdnbbsr.s3waas.gov.in/s37bc1ec1d9c3426357e69acd5bf320061/uploads/2022/04/2022040631.pdf
NEET 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) – 2022 through the “Online” mode only through the website https://neet.nta.nic.in/.
- Submission of the Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website https://neet.nta.nic.in/.
- The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
Candidate in India
- General Rs. 1600/-
- General-EWS/ OBC-NCL* Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ST/PwBD/Third Gender Rs. 900/-
Candidate Outside India
- For all category : Rs. 8500/-
- Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
- Admissions to all seats of Undergraduate Medical / Dental Courses will be done through NEET (UG) – 2022.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
- NEET (UG) – 2022 is a Pen & Paper-based Test
- Date of Examination : 17 July 2022 (Sunday)
- Duration of Examination : 200 minutes (03 hours 20 Minutes)
- Timing of Examination : 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST)
- Centre, Date, and Shift of NEET (UG) – 2022 Examination : As indicated on Admit Card
- The Entrance Test shall consist of 200 multiple choice questions (four options with a single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology). 50 questions in each subject will be divided into two Sections (A and B).
- NEET (UG) – 2022 will be conducted in 13 languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- Correct Answer: Four marks (+4)
- Incorrect Answer: Minus one mark (-1)
- Unanswered/Marked for Review: No mark (0).
Syllabus of the Test
- NMC (National Medical Commission) has notified the syllabus of NEET (UG) – 2022. The Question Paper will be based on the given syllabus (Appendix-IV) which is available on the NMC website (https://www.nmc.org.in/neet/neet-ug). Furthermore, to rationalize the decision of reduction in the syllabus by various School Education Boards, the NTA has taken a decision to provide choice in Section “B” for each of the 4 (four) Subjects.
NEET 2022 Admit Card
- The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website (https://neet.nta.nic.in/) and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on the Date and timing as indicated in their Admit Card.
For more details and apply please visit the official website