GPSC State Tax Officer Syllabus 2021 Gujarat Administrative Service Class-I Syllabus 2021 Gujarat Civil Service Exam Syllabus pdf 2021 How to Prepare for Gujarat Municipal Chief Officer Service Exam 2021 GPSC Various Posts Exam Pattern 2021 Gujarat PSC State Tax Officer Selection Process 2021 Against Advt. No. 30/2021-22
GPSC State Tax Officer Syllabus 2021
Advt. No. 30/2021-22
About GPSC State Tax Officer Recruitment :
Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) has invited the Applicant for the 183 Posts of Gujarat Administrative Service Class-I, Gujarat Civil Service Class- I & II and Gujarat Municipal Chief Officer Service Class-II. Application Submission Process is Started from the Date 28/09/2021 (13-00 hours) to 13/10/2021 (13-00 hours). Candidates Can check the Detailed Exam Information from the Below Provided Link.
About Exam :
Candidates who applied online will be called for GPSC State Tax Officer examination. The dates of examination will be notified soon.
Nowadays Competition Level become very high so Competitive Exams gets too tougher. Candidates facing critical problem of “What to prepare” and “How to prepare” to give their best in their exams. So, here we are providing the latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
Selection Process :
- Preliminary Exam,
- Mains Exam,
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Exam Will be Objective Type.
- The Exam Will be of Divided in Two Papers i.e. General Studies-1 & General Studies-2.
- Each Paper Will be of 200 Marks/ Questions.
- Time Duration for Each Paper Will be of 180 Minutes (03 Hours).
|Question Paper||Subject||Marks||Time Duration||Medium|
|Question paper-1||General Studies-1||200 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)||English/ Gujarati|
|Question paper-2||General Studies-2||200 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)||English/ Gujarati|
Note: Question Paper – Level 1 and 2 (standard) of graduate level.
Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
General Studies 1
- Indus valley Civilisation: Features, Sites, Society, Cultural History, Art and Religion. Indus Valley Civilisation and Gujarat.
- Vedic age- Jainism and Buddhism.
- Foreign invasions on India and their impact.
- The Mauryan and the Gupta Empire- their administration- social, religious and economic conditions-art, architecture, literature, science and technology.
- Kanishka, Harsha and South Indian Dynasties.
- The Delhi Sultanate, Vijaynagar Empire and the Mughal Empire.
- The Bhakti Movement and Sufism.
- Major Dynasties of Gujarat- their rulers – administration, economy, society, religion, literature, arts and architecture.
- Independent Sultanate of Gujarat – Sultan Ahmedashah I, Mahmud Begda and Bahadurshah.
- Gujarat under the Mughals and the Marathas, Gaekwad’s rule in BarodaWalker’s Settlement.
- The European Trading companies in India- their struggle for supremacywith special reference to Bengal, Mysore, Marathas and Hyderabad.
- Governor-Generals and Viceroys.
- Indian war of Independence of 1857 – Origin, nature, causes, consequences and significance with special reference to Gujarat.
- Religious and social Reform Movements in 19th Century in India and Gujarat.
- India’s Freedom Movement, Revolutionaries in India and abroad.
- Reform measures by the Princely States of Saurashtra, Kutchh and Gujarat.
- Mahatma Gandhi, his thoughts, principles and philosophy. Important Satyagrahas with special reference to Satyagrahas of Gujarat – Kheda, Borsad, Bardoli, Dharasana, Dholera, Rajkot and Limbadi.
- The Role of Sardar Patel in freedom movement and post independence consolidation.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, his life and contribution to making of Indian Constitution.
- India after Independence – Reorganization of the States within the country, Maha Gujarat Movement, Major events.
- Cultural Heritage of India and Gujarat: Art forms, Literature, Sculpture and Architecture.
- Indian saint tradition and its impact on psyche of people.
- Indian life style, Fairs, Festivals, Food, Costumes and Traditions.
- Indian Music and its importance.
- Gujarat’s Museums, Activities of Libraries, Cultural Religious and Literary importance.
- Language and dialects of Gujarat.
- Gujarati Theatre: Drama, songs and different groups.
- Life of Adivasi (Tribes): Festivals, Fair, Costumes, Rituals etc.
- Gujarati Literature: Modes, Streams, Litterateurs, Literary work and Literary Organizations.
- Pilgrimage and Tourist Places of Gujarat.
Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
- Indian Constitution: Evolution, features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Amendments, Significant Provisions and Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures: Structure, Function, Power and Privileges. Issues and challenges pertaining to Federal Structure: Devolution of Power and Finances up to local levels and Challenges therein.
- Constitutional Authorities: Powers, Functions and Responsibilities.
- Panchayati Raj.
- Public Policy and Governance.
- Impact of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization on Governance.
- Statutory, Regulatory and Quasi-judicial bodies.
- Rights Issues (Human rights, Women rights, SC/ST rights, Child rights) etc.
- India’s Foreign Policy – International Relations – Important Institutions, Agencies and Fora, their structure and mandate.
- Important Policies and Programmes of Central and State Governments.
- Judiciary in India – Structure and functions, important provisions relating to emergency and constitutional amendments, judicial review, Public Interest Litigation, Landmark Judgments.
General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Number Series, Coding –Decoding.
- Problems related to Relations.
- Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram.
- Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age.
- Number system and order of Magnitude.
- Linear Equations – in one or two Variables.
- Ratio, proportion and variation.
- Average of mean, median, mode – including weighted mean.
- Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.
- Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.
- Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
- Lines, angels and common geometrical figures – properties of transverse of parallel lines, properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theorem, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, and rhombus.
- Introduction to algebra – BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols.
- Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, Probability.
General Studies 2
Indian Economy and Planning
- Indian Economy on the eve of Independence, Emergence and development of planning exercise in India – historical debates, plan models and shift in focus over time. Indian economy in post reform period: New Economic Reforms, NITI Aayog: aims, constitution and functions.
- Agriculture sector: Institutional Structure- Land Reforms in India; Technological change in agriculture- Major Crops and Cropping Patterns in various parts of the country, Irrigation, pricing of agricultural inputs and outputs; Terms of trade between agriculture and industry; Agricultural Finance Policy; Agricultural Marketing and Warehousing; Issues in Food Security and Public Distribution System, Green Revolution, policies for sustainable agriculture and organic farming.
- Industrial policy; Public Sector enterprises and their performance; Privatization and disinvestments debate; Growth and pattern of industrialization; Small-scale sector; Productivity in industrial sector; Special Economic Zones (SEZ) and industrialization, foreign investment and competition policy.
- Infrastructure in Indian Economy: Meaning and Importance of Infrastructure – Water supply and Sanitation – Energy and Power – Science and Technology – Rural and Urban Infrastructure: Ports, Roads, Airports, Railway, Telecommunication. Social Impact Assessment.
- Trends and patterns in structure of population over time – growth rate, gender, rural- urban migration, literacy, regional; Structure and trends of Poverty and Inequality; Unemployment – trends, structure and National Rural Employment Policies. Indicators of development-Physical Quality of Life Index, Human Development Index, Human Poverty Index, Gender Development Index, National Happiness Index.
- Indian Public finance; Indian tax system, public expenditure, public debt, deficit and subsidies in the Indian economy. Center-State financial relation. Recent fiscal and monetary policy issues and their impact, GST: Concept and Implications.
- Trend, composition, structure and direction of India’s Foreign Trade. India’s Balance of payments Situation in post reforms period.
- Gujarat economy-An overview; social sector in Gujarat- Education, Health, and Nutrition. Gujarat Economy in relation to India and major states in recent decades, major problems in agriculture, forest, water resources, mining, industry and service Sector. Development policies for economic and social infrastructure – An appraisal.
- General Geography: Earth in Solar system, Motion of the Earth, Concept of time, Season, Internal Structure of the Earth, Major landforms and their features. Atmosphere-structure and composition, elements and factors of Climate, Airmasses and Fronts, atmospheric disturbances, climate change. Oceans: Physical, chemical and biological characteristics, Hydrological Distasters, Marine and Continental resources.
- Physical: World, India and Gujarat : Major physical divisions, Earthquakes, landslides, Natural drainage, climatic changes and regions, Monsoon, Natural Vegetation, Parks and Sanctuaries, Major Soil types, Rocks and Minerals.
- Social: World, India and Gujarat : distribution, density, growth, Sex-ratio, Literacy, Occupational Structure, SC and ST Population, Rural-Urban components, Racial, tribal, religious and linguistic groups, urbanization, migration and metropolitan regions.
- Economic: World, India and Gujarat: Major sectors of economy, Agriculture, Industry and Services, their salient features. Basic Industries Agro, mineral, forest, fuel and manpower based Industries, Transport and Trade, Pattern and Issues.
Science and Technology
- Science and Technology: Nature and Scope of Science & Technology; Relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life; National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation; Institutes and Organization in India promoting integration of Science, Technology and Innovation, their activities and contribution; Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT): Nature and Scope of ICT; ICT in day to day life; ICT and Industry; ICT and Governance – Various government schemes promoting use of ICT, E-Governance programmes and services; Netiquettes; Cyber Security Concerns – National Cyber Crime Policy.
- Technology in Space & Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme; Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) – it’s activities and achievements; Various Satellite Programmes – Satellites for Telecommunication, Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites; Satellites for defence, Eduset or Satellites for academic purposes; Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission and activities.
- Energy Requirement and Efficiency: India’s existing energy needs and deficit; India’s Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India Government Policies and Programmes.
- Nuclear Policy of India and its commitment to the world: India’s Nuclear power programme; India’s nuclear cooperation with other countries; Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) and India; Nuclear weapons policy of India; Draft Nuclear Doctrine of India, Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), Fissile Material Cut off Treaty (FMCT), Conference on Disarmament (CD); Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) and India.
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to environment; Its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the national and the international level; Biodiversity- its importance and concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment; Forest and Wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India; Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and Disaster management. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Nature, Scope and application, Ethical, Social, and Legal issues, Government Policies. Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life. Health & Environment.
Current Events of Regional, National and International Importance.
Main Examination (Descriptive Type)
|Question Paper||Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|Question paper-1||Gujrati Language||150 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
|Question paper-2||English Language||150 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
|Question paper-3||Essay||150 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
|Question paper-4||General Studies-1||150 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
|Question paper-5||General Studies-2||150 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
|Question paper-6||General Studies-3||150 Marks||180 Minutes (03 Hours)|
- The standard of Gujarati question paper should be the same as the Gujarati subject (higher level) of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
- The standard of English question paper is as per the English subject (lower level) of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
Interview Will be of 100 Marks.
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us (www.jobriya.com) by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area of GPSC State Tax Officer Syllabus :
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box regarding GPSC State Tax Officer Syllabus. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.