APPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2021 APPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern 2021 APPSC Assistant Engineer Selection Process 2021 How to Prepare for Andhra Pradesh PSC Assistant Engineer 2021 APPSC Assistant Engineer Minimum Qualifying Marks 2021
APPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2021
About APPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment :
APPSC has Recently Announced and Invited the Online Applications from the Eligible Candidates for the Posts of Assistant Engineer. The total number of Vacancies for these Posts were 190 posts. Many Interested and Eligible Candidates applied for these Posts online. The Process of Submission of Online Applications for these Posts was commenced from 21/10/2021 and Last Date to Apply for these Posts was 11/11/2021. Check the other details from below.
|Name of Post||Assistant Engineer|
|No. of Vacancy||190 posts|
|Selection Process||Written Examination|
About Exam :
Andhra Pradesh PSC will soon conduct the Writen Examination for the Posts of Assistant Engineer. Candidates who applied for these posts are now waiting for the Exam Dates, so that they can prepare for the same accordingly. There are many candidates who are Searching and Enquiring about the Exam Dates from the Various sources. Exam Dates will be release soon on the Official website of APPSC.
We are providing here the Syllabus & Exam Pattern for the APPSC Assistant Engineer post. There is always a question in the candidates mind that from Where to Prepare , How to Prepare, What are the Important Topics, Is there any Negative Marking or not, What are the subjects, etc. So regarding these problems, we have provided the detailed syllabus from below. Check the Syllabus from below.
Selection Process :
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
|SUBJECT||No. of Questions||Duration (Minutes)||Maximum Marks|
|PAPER-1 General Studies & Mental Ability (Degree Standard)||150 Questions||150 Minutes||150 Marks|
|PAPER-2 Civil/ Mechanical (Common) (Diploma Standard)||150 Questions||150 Minutes||150 Marks|
|PAPER-3 Environmental Engineering/ Civil (Common) (For Post Code 03 Only) (Degree Standard)||150 Questions||150 Minutes||150 Marks|
Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and information Technology
- Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis:
- Tabulation of data
- Visual representation of data
- Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/problems.
(COMMON FOR CIVIL / MECHANICAL)
- Forces: Different types of forces, gravitational, frictional, axial, tensile or compressive. Law of Parallelogram and triangle of forces, polygon of forces, problems.
- Centre of gravity and moment of inertia. Simple plane figures, Simple machines, law of machine, Mechanical advantage, velocity ratio and efficiency, wheel and axle, pulleys and simple screw jack-problems.
- Simple Stresses and strailns: Different types of stresses and strains, stress-strain diagram for ductile materials. Factor of safety, ultimate strength and working strength, elastic constants, Poisson ratio. Deformations, volume changes. Relations between elastic constants. Hooke’s Law. Compound rods, temperature stresses, strain energy, impact loading.
- Riveted and welded joints, different modes of failures, efficiency of joints, thin cylindrical shells, longitudinal and circumferential stresses and volume changes.
- Shear force and bending moment diagrams for simply supported, over hanging and cantilever beams. Relation between intensity of loading, shear force and bending moment.
- Theory of simple bending: Assumptions, basic flexure formula, bending stresses, modulus of section, moment of resistance. Circular bending. Distribution of shear stress in common structural sections.
- Deflection in cantilever and simply supported beams under simple loading- propped cantilever beams subjected to simple loading, determination of reaction. SF and BM diagrams.
- Simple plane and pin-jointed trusses: Stresses by method of joints and method of sections.
- Torsion: Assumptions, basic formula of torsion, power transmission by shafts of uniform circular sections close-coiled springs, strain-energy in simple beams and shafts, sudden and impact loading. Principal stresses and principal planes. Moher’s circle of stress.
- Thin cylinders under internal pressure stresses and volume changes.
- Columns and struts: Direct and bending stresses, core of section. Short and long columns under axial loading-various end-conditions. Euler and Rankine formulae, Slenderness ratio, simple built-up columns.
(COMMON FOR ENVIRONMENTAL/ CIVIL)
1.Water Supply Engineering
Sources of water: surface and sub-surface water, aquifers, yield from wells, Infiltration galleries, types of intakes and design of intakes, collection and conveyance of water; water demand and it’s variations, estimation of water demand; quality of water, characteristics, water-borne diseases, water sampling and analysis, water quality standards;
Water Treatment: unit operations and processes for water treatment, sedimentation, coagulation and flocculation, filtration, disinfection, water softening, removal of colour, iron and manganese; aeration, Defluoridation of water, demineralisation of water, R.O. process, principles and design of various water treatment units;
Distribution of treated water, systems of water distribution, layouts of distribution systems, components of distribution systems, valves, analysis and design of the water distribution systems, Storage and distribution reservoirs; leakages and control in water distribution system; Rural water supply;
2.(i) Wastewater Engineering
Systems of sewage collection, conveyance, and disposal; estimation of quantity of sewage and storm water, sewerage systems, sewer appurtenances, material for sewers, laying of sewers, Design of sewers, operation and maintenance of sewerage systems; pumping of sewage; Characteristics of sewage, sampling and analysis of sewage, unit operations and process for wastewater treatment, aerobic, anaerobic, facultative and anoixic processes, principles and design of various wastewater treatment units, principles and design of septic tanks, disposal of septic tank effluent; Common Effluent Treatment Plants, Zero liquid discharge;
Disposal of products of sewage treatment; Sludge handling, treatment and disposal; self purification of streams; Building drainage, Plumbing Systems; Rural and semi-urban sanitation;
Urban storm water management, Impact of storm water, Management of storm water runoff, design of storm water drainage systems;
ii) Air and Noise Pollution
Air pollution, classification of air pollutants, sources and effects of air pollution, Factors influencing air pollution, air quality standards; Meteorology and air pollution; Wind roses, lapses rates, mixing depth, plume behaviour, effective stack height; Monitoring of air pollution; air pollution dispersion, estimation of ground level concentration of air pollutants; Engineered systems for air pollution control: control of particulate matter and gaseous pollutants;
Noise pollution, characteristics, sources of noise pollution, measurements of noise, impacts of noise pollution; Noise pollution monitoring, standards; control measures;
3.(i) Solid Waste Management
Sources of solid waste, classification, characteristics, generation, on-site segregation and storage, collection, transfer and transportation of solid waste; principles and engineering systems for solid waste management, treatment and processing of solid waste; landfills and their classification, principles, design and management of landfills; Leachate management, disposal of solid waste;
Hazardous waste characteristics, handling, storage, collection and transportation, treatment and disposal; e-waste: sources, collection, treatment and reuse;
ii) Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Sustainable Development
Objectives and concepts of EIA, types of EIAs, components of EIA, framework of EIA,
policies and legal provisions of EIA in India; Planning of EIA studies, methodology for identification of impacts on environment; Environmental settings, indices, prediction and assessment of impacts, mitigation aspects; Environmental Impact Statement; Environmental Management Plan, preparation, implementation, and review; public participation in EIA, review and evaluation of EIA; Environmental audit; Environmental protection acts of India.
Ecosystems, classification of ecosystems, structural and functional interactions of environmental ecosystems; Ecosystem stability, biogeochemical cycles, nutrient cycles, ecological niche and ecotone, pesticides and bioaccumulation, water pollution, soil pollution, wetlands, methods for conservation of biodiversity;
Sustainable Development, objectives and principles of sustainable development, indicators of Sustainability; Strategies and barriers to sustainability, clean development mechanism, carbon credit, carbon sequestration, carbon trading, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Elements of LCA;
Global environmental issues, climate change and its impact on environment; mitigation of impacts; adaptability and climate resilience; ecological foot print, major environmental problems related to the conventional energy resources
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us (www.jobriya.com) by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area for APPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus :
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.
FAQ’s for APPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus :
It will be of Objective Type.
Mentioned above in detail.
150 minutes for each exam.
1/3rd negative marking.
It will be notified to you soon.
1 mark each.