Arts and Science Courses: Arts talks about why a particular subject is being studied and science teaches us the application of those subjects. There are many subjects that come under the arts and science. Do you also want to study arts and science courses? If yes, you’re in the right place.
Let’s look at all those courses in arts & science and information about them such as their eligibility criteria, duration, top colleges, fee structure for the courses, job opportunities after completing these courses, salary, etc. So let’s jump in!
There are different types of courses that are available for students at various levels such as undergraduate and postgraduate. Following are the types of courses that the students can undertake in order to get a degree in art courses or science courses:
- Certification courses
- Diploma courses
- Undergraduate courses such as Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
- Postgraduate courses such as Master of Arts or Master of Science
The duration of undergraduate-level courses is of 3 years and that of postgraduate-level courses is 2 years. The arts & science duration for certification courses is not certain and depends upon the type of certification course that the student is pursuing. Diploma in arts and science course duration is either 6 months or one year.
Following is a list of the undergraduate art and science courses that the students can choose from:
For the postgraduate programs, there is a master’s degree in all the subjects given above. Students can go for their master’s degree after completing their bachelor’s degree.
There are multiple reasons why arts and science can prove to be a very good career option for a candidate. Following are some of the points that one must keep in mind as a pro when thinking about choosing arts or science as a career:
- Opportunity for entrepreneurship and self-employment
- One can enter multiple fields
- Different subject options for the students to choose and study
- Completing graduation will fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria required for various government and private sector jobs
- Handsome salary for skilled candidates
- Good scope for higher studies
- Candidates can work in highly respectable positions
The minimum eligibility criteria for undergraduate programs that fall under the arts and science umbrella is that the student must have completed their class 12th from a school that is affiliated with a recognized board is affiliated with a recognized Board of Education and they must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their examination.
The stream of the student in class 12th does not matter for admission to undergraduate arts and science courses. The minimum eligibility criteria for enrolling in postgraduate programs for arts and science courses is that the student must have completed their bachelor’s degree in related streams. It is not necessary that the students will have a BSc degree in order to go for an MSc degree but the field of study should be similar.
For admission to arts and science courses, students can either go for an entrance exam based admission order at admission or else direct merit marks admission process. Following are the steps illustrated for the admission process via entrance exam:
For entrance exam based admissions:
- The very first step will be that the student will have to go to the official website of the conducting body that conducts entrance examinations for admission to arts and science courses. After that, students will have to fill out the application form by putting in the necessary details asked.
- If the application process is done properly at the time of admit card release the student will get their admit card and they will have to download and take a printout of that. Without the admit card, entry is not allowed into the examination hall to take the test.
- If the student will have cleared the cut-off criteria they will be called in for the counseling round. According to the marks obtained by students in the entrance examination, they will be allowed to choose colleges.
- After that, the student will have to visit the College in order to pay the fee to secure their seat in that particular course. After this last step students will be registered in that college for that particular course and they can begin their classes.
The College of a student matters a lot when it comes to professional degrees. There are multiple institutes all across the country that the students dream to get into because of the quality of education. Following are some of the most famous colleges that offers these courses:
- IIFA Lancaster Degree College, Bangalore
- Presidency college Kumar Chennai
- Miranda House, Delhi
- Loyola College Commerce, Chennai
- Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma PG institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Jesus and Mary college Delhi
- Sri Venkateshwara College Delhi
- Panchayat Samiti Mahavidyalaya, Balangir
- Baharampur College, Barampur
- Automotive Design Courses – Transportation Design Courses
- AA Arts and Science College, Chennai
- ABM Degree College, Prakasam
- ABM College, Golmuri
- Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi
- Lady Irwin College New Delhi, Delhi
- AC Evening College, Guntur
- ACME College of Arts and Science, Hyderabad
The average fee for arts and science courses is somewhere between INR 5,000 per annum to INR 5,00,000 per annum. The exact fee, however, completely depends upon the particular course that the student is enrolled in and the particular college student is admitted to. Government colleges charge much lesser fees as compared to private colleges for arts and science courses.
After completing a professional course in arts and science, there are multiple higher study and career options available for students. Following are some of the most popular field choices for fresh graduates to work in:
- Taking civil services examinations such as Indian administrative services, Indian foreign services, and Indian police services,
- Becoming a teacher professor or lecturer after completing graduation with a bachelor’s degree in education and getting a passing score on the national eligibility test.
- Working in the film and television industry as a content creator, choreographer, scriptwriter, story writer, etc.
- Working with financial companies such as banks, insurance companies, financial organizations, etc.
- Employing in the print media such as in publishing companies, newspapers, magazines, etcetera. Many positions can be acquired by the candidate such as article writer, novelist, journalist, story writer, poet, translator, etc.
- Work in the IT sector, the information technology sector is one of the highest recruiting sectors right now in the country. There are multiple job roles available for students with an item science degree that are related to visual representations.
1. What are some of the fields that employ arts and science degree holders?
There are multiple fields available that are home to many arts and science professionals. Some of the most popular fields where arts and science professionals work are:
- Civil services
- Educational institutions
- Financial organizations
- Information technology sector
- Print media
- Film and television
2. What are the minimum eligibility criteria to enroll in undergraduate programs for arts and science?
The minimum eligibility criteria for enrolling into undergraduate programs of arts and science is that the candidate must have completed their class 12th from a school that is affiliated with a recognized Board of Education and the student must have scored at least a minimum of 50% marks in their board examinations. The stream of the student does not matter in this case.
3. How can I enroll in arts and science courses?
In order to enroll in this, students will have to sit for entrance examinations and clear the cut-off marks for that. On the basis of the marks obtained by the student in the entrance examination, the colleges are allotted to them. The students who score high in the entrance examinations get into their dream colleges. Following are the entrance examinations that the students can take in order to enroll in arts and science courses:
- NIFT Entrance examination
- CEED Entrance examination
- AIEED Entrance examination
- NEED GDPD Entrance examination
We hope that you got all the information that you were searching for regarding arts and science courses. The above article contains all the information about undergraduate and postgraduate courses in arts & science. Right from the eligibility criteria and admission process for the courses to the admission process entrance examinations and the future scope of the courses.
Do let us know what you think about this write-up and what else would you like to see from us. Stay connected with us for more such course details articles!